Dan Sarfati is the Founding Attorney and Principal of Sarfati Corporate Law. Mr. Sarfati’s educational background in Cognitive & Social Psychology, coupled with his decades of experience as an effective public speaker, approaches resolving every client matter using “a steel hand, wearing a velvet glove.” When in the boardroom, the courtroom, or backroom, Dan is well known for incorporating the fundamental tenets of emotional intelligence & calculated pragmatism. As a product of the Miami-Dade County Public School System and a life-long South Floridian, Dan’s style of rapport building & understanding the needs and nuances of his diverse clientele has earned him the reputation as an excellent communicator and negotiator.
Before founding Sarfati Corporate Law, Mr. Sarfati specialized in defending law firms, accounting firms, and real estate brokerages involving Ponzi Schemes and investor fraud actions. Additionally, Dan focused further on real estate transactions and litigation & then integrated Probate law while interning with The Honorable Lawrence Schwartz (Retd.).
As trends in law & commerce continue to evolve, Dan now serves as Outside General Counsel to numerous corporations both based in South Florida and across the United States.
Prior to shifting his practice towards complex transactional work with corporate clients, Dan spent several years litigating in the trenches involving high-stakes, nationally publicized cases.
When asked about his approach to practicing law and zealous advocacy, Dan explained, “Believe it or not, most lawyers have failed to recognize that tremendous success can be achieved by identifying with the client, humanizing the issue at hand, and tackling it with precision and class.” Unlike most attorneys, Dan places a premium on providing top-notch customer service.
After all, it is up to the lawyer to convey and remind firm clients that a big part of the job is to shoulder pressure, maintain a steady course towards achieving results, and “bite if necessary, never bark.”
Notable Results and Clients
- Outside General Counsel to Florida company specializing in Proprietary Structural Survey Software generating approximately 2 Million/Year Gross Revenue.
- Negotiated Trademark Coexistence Agreement between Client International Swimwear Company & Well-known Rock & Roll Band Limiting Client Liability to 10% of Demand & Entrance into North American Market.
- Outside General Counsel to South Florida Leader in Shades Design and Textile.
- Outside General Counsel to Healthcare Accreditation Consulting Corporation.
- Outside General Counsel to one of Florida’s largest Property Management Companies boasting one of the largest client portfolios in the Florida.
- Counsel to South Florida Bakery Franchisor.
- Outside General Counsel to Culinary Group which is the owner of Ember, Brava and Alter restaurants located in Miami, FL.
- Counsel to Medical Device Company, creator and holder of only localized anesthetic able to reduce localized pain on human skin.
- Oversaw asset purchase of international culinary school, restaurant and confection bakery, totaling $712,000.
- Negotiated & secured 5 year contract between client vendor and Florida Dept. of Education for supplemental tutoring & speech care services to over 500 students in underserved areas of Miami-Dade County grossing over $650,000.
- Spearheaded sale of controlling interest of one of the top Medical Tech Firm’s in the U.S., by representing the Seller for purchase price of $875,000, with successful execution of complex loan workout with privately-held financial institution
- Successfully negotiated and drafted contracts and finance instruments to fund buyout of equal shareholder totaling $210,000.
- Completed successful $480,000 buy out of minority shareholders of prominent South Florida Real Estate Consulting Firm.
- Represented Seller in Asset Sale of South Florida Real Estate Brokerage to Compass Real Estate for significant 6 figure amount.
- Represented Buyer of South Florida-based Restaurant Group in 7 figure purchase involving critically acclaimed restaurants such as Kaido, Alter, Ember and Brava.
- Counsel to two of Florida’s largest CBD-based E-Retailers.
- Deans List
- Book Award-Internet Law
- Research Assistant to Professor Carlton Waterhouse
- Research Assistant to Professor Hannibal Travis
- Independent Study: Analysis of Reparations Approach Involving Jews and Roma of the Holocaust & Japanese Comfort Women.
- Law Clerk to David and Joseph, P.A.
- Legal Intern- Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel-3rd Region
- Judicial Clerk, Honorable Lawrence Schwartz, 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Bet Tzedek, Advocate for Holocaust Survivor
- PTBN-Lawyer Committee Chair
- PTBN-Fundraising Committee
- National Ataxia Foundation
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation
- Volunteer Guardian Ad-Litem
- Certified CLE Instructor
- Certified Wellness Coach
- Big Brother Big Sister Mentor
- Volunteer Counsel to Animal Rescue 501(c)3 throughout
- Volunteer attorney to several South Florida Pet Rescue Non-Profit Agencies
- Bachelor of Science
Nova Southeastern University, Davie, FL
- Juris Doctor
Florida International University, College of Law, Miami, FL
- Bachelor of Science
- State of Florida, 2011
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2012